Saturday, August 27, 2011

Children live in the present

More on these thoughts about where we "dwell".
I spoke to a friend today, and we were talking about our children and somehow it came up-and she made the comment "children live very much in the present moment" , and I thought yes, how true- they are fascinated by the intricacies of the things at hand; they delight in the temporal world so well.
The scene which remains in my mind today as I go to bed is of the kids playing with a vintage tea set. The tea set sits on a small ornate metal lace table in the middle of the lush grass. The kids are pouring sand into the cups and tea pots and mixing it with water. The sun is in the most perfect position in the afternoon sky, so that it causes my daughters golden hair to glow as if she were an angel.

Tonight as I put my head on the pillow, I can hear my sons sweet breathing while he sleeps. How stunning the treasure is!


No comments:

Post a Comment